The JJC SGM-185 Shotgun Uni-directional Microphone is designed to improve the sound recordings of your videos. It can be mounted on the camera/camcorder via the standard ISO-518* hotshoe or held in the hand and connects to the devices 3.5mm** MIC jack. The SGM-185 is made of metal and is powered by a single AA battery - allowing you can source replacement batteries when you are out and about. The package contains a foam windscreen to minimise wind noise.Shotgun microphones are often used for recording talks or speeches in meetings, conferences, and lectures. In scenarios such as these, the speaker does not need to hold a microphone and speak into it or wire a microphone on his body in order to record his speech or lecture. They can just stand and talk at a distance as long as they talk to the front of the shotgun microphone.
* Cameras and camcorders that do not have an ISO-518 may require an optional adapter.
** Devices with a 2.5mm MIC jack will need an optional adapter
- Can be mounted via hotshoe or held by hand
- Perfect for semi-pro and amateur usage
- Direction: Uni-direction
- Power Requirement: One 1.5V AA battery
- Dimension: 22mm x 185mm / Weight: 80g