TERMS AND CONDITIONS
By placing an order, you are accepting the Terms and Conditions of the digitalmediastore web site.
- When you register with the digitalmediastore web site, you will be required to choose a contact email address and password. You are responsible for all sessions and transactions taken under these details. You should keep your password safe and not disclose it to anyone. You should change it immediately if you feel it has been compromised.
- If any of your details change, such as your credit card billing address, you must inform digitalmediastore as soon as possible. You may update your details by signing into your account on the digitalmediastore web site, and update the relevant section.
- Applicable laws require that some of the information or communications we send to you should be in writing. When using our site, you accept that communication with us will be mainly electronic. We will contact you by e-mail or provide you with information by posting notices on our website. For contractual purposes, you agree to this electronic means of communication and you acknowledge that all contracts, notices, information and other communications that we provide to you electronically comply with any legal requirement that such communications be in writing. This condition does not affect your statutory rights.
The Contract Between Us
- Any contract for purchases made through the web site will be with Bestbuy Holdings (Jersey) Limited, trading as digitalmediastore, registered in Jersey, and whose registered office is Brunel House, 3 Old Street, St Helier, Jersey, JE2 3RG, company registration number 104701.
Telephone: 07092-211446 (Calls charged at 51.062ppm from a BT landline)
- The order acknowledgement email constitutes our receipt of your offer to buy goods from this web site. We are not obliged to accept your offer and will refund to you any funds that we may have taken in the event that your offer is not accepted. Once we send a despatch confirmation email to you confirming that we have despatched the goods you have ordered, the order contract will be formed. The despatch confirmation email will include your name, the order number and the total price for the despatched goods. The contract will relate only to those goods whose despatch we have confirmed in the despatch confirmation email. We will not be obliged to supply any other goods which may have been part of your order until the despatch of such goods has been confirmed in a separate despatch confirmation email. Any term sought to be imposed by you in your order will not form part of the contract.
- digitalmediastore must receive payment of the whole of the price for the goods that you order before your order can be despatched. Payment is not taken (except orders paid for by PayPal) until the point of despatch of the goods to you from our warehouse in Jersey.
- The prices payable for goods are as set out in the web site, in Pounds Sterling, exclusive of VAT, and any duties and local taxes. If the shipping address is in the UK, digitalmediastore will collect UK import VAT from you on behalf of the consignee where necessary. Consignments sent to the UK where the goods value is £15 or under are relieved from import VAT under current legislation. For purchases by UK businesses, no evidence of payment of UK import VAT can be provided. Customers ordering for delivery outside of the UK will be responsible for payment of any local taxes payable including VAT, and will be required to pay extra for delivery and clearance where necessary. The delivery note supplied with some European orders may have the values converted into € (Euro’s) to help local customs offices; in these cases payment is still made in Pounds Sterling which will be converted into your local currency by your card issuer.
- Whilst all of our products are sold for domestic use for individual consumers, we appreciate some of our products could be used by businesses. Where you have placed an order using a business email address, and/or have requested delivery to a business address and/or have purchased more than 5 of the same type of item over any 90 day period, the orders will be classed as business purchases.
Withdrawal By You From The Contract
If you are an individual and are not buying goods on behalf of a business, there are certain circumstances in which you may withdraw from the contract and these are set out here. This right to withdraw does not apply to business buyers.
- You may withdraw your order for goods at any time up to the end of the seventh working day after you have received the goods. You do not need to give digitalmediastore any reason for withdrawing your order but a brief explanation will help us improve the service we offer customers in the future.
- You cannot withdraw your order are where you have taken the goods you have ordered (or the ones in relation to which you want to withdraw) out of the sealed package in which they were delivered.
- To withdraw your order you must notify digitalmediastore in writing at the address set out in the digitalmediastore returns section of this Web site.
- If you have received the goods before you withdraw your order then, unless you have lost your right to withdraw because you have taken the goods out of their sealed package, you must send them back to the digitalmediastore contact address at your own cost and risk. If you withdraw your order but digitalmediastore has already processed the goods for delivery and you have received them, you must not unpack the goods when they are received by you and you must send the goods back to digitalmediastore at the digitalmediastore contact address at your own cost and risk as soon as possible.
- Once you have notified digitalmediastore that you are withdrawing your order, any sum debited to digitalmediastore from your credit card will be re-credited to your account as soon as possible and in any event within 30 days of your order PROVIDED THAT the goods in question are returned by you and received by digitalmediastore in pristine condition, unopened and unused and returned in accordance with our Returns Policy shown on the digitalmediastore web site.
- Where the delivery cost of the despatched order was not explicitly shown on your delivery note then the cost of the delivery will be deducted from the exchange or credit note or refund. The minimum deduction is £1.95.
Availability Of Goods You Order
If digitalmediastore has insufficient stock to deliver the goods ordered by you, we will notify you as soon as possible and any sum debited by digitalmediastore from your credit card will be re-credited to your account and digitalmediastore will notify you by email at the address given by you in your order form. The refund will be made as soon as possible and in any event within 30 days of your order. digitalmediastore will not be obliged to offer any additional compensation for disappointment suffered.
Our site contains a large number of goods and it is always possible that, despite our best efforts, some of the goods listed on our site may be incorrectly priced. We will normally verify prices as part of our despatch procedures so that, where the goods correct price is less than our web site price, we will charge the lower amount when despatching the goods to you. If the correct price for the goods is higher than the price stated on our web site, we will normally, at our discretion, either contact you for instructions before despatching the goods, or reject your order and notify you of such rejection.
digitalmediastore tries as hard as possible to ensure information relating to goods and services we offer is current and accurate. However we cannot always guarantee that our suppliers have not changed their product specifications. digitalmediastore will do its best to correct errors and omissions as quickly as practicable after being notified of them.
All images are for illustrative purposes only. digitalmediastore respect the trademarks of manufacturer brands and the use of these on the website is solely to help you identify compatible accessories for your device.
Delivery Of Goods To You
- digitalmediastore will post the goods ordered by you to the person and address you give digitalmediastore at the time you make your order. The consignee (i.e. the person to whom the consignment is sent) will be the declarant and importer into the country for which the consignment is destined. For non-UK destinations, the consignee will be responsible for both customs clearance and payment of customs duties and local taxes where required. Each item ordered will be treated as a separate sale and maybe shipped and paid for separately.
- Delivery will be made as soon as possible after your order is accepted and in any event within 30 days of despatch of the order. All delivery times quoted on the web site are estimates only, based on availability, normal processing and delivery companies.
- Where applicable, orders for extremely heavy goods to European and Worldwide destinations may incur a surcharge which we will contact you about before despatch.
- You will become the owner of the goods you have ordered when the goods are despatched to you from our premises in Jersey.
If you are ordering goods for delivery outside of the UK, please note that your consignment may be subject to import duties and taxes, which are levied once the goods reach the country of destination. Any such charges levied in relation to customs clearance must be borne by you. It is accepted by you that digitalmediastore has no control over additional charges in relation to customs clearance. digitalmediastore recommend that you check with your local customs officials or post office for more information regarding importation taxes / duties that may be applicable to your on-line order. You will be the importer of record and responsible for any import VAT and duty that may be borne. In addition, any charges for import clearance will be borne by you, the customer.
Please note that when shipping goods from Jersey, cross border shipments may be subject to opening and inspection by customs authorities. In respect of all goods despatched to you to an address outside of Jersey, you are deemed to be the importer of the goods and must therefore comply with all the laws and regulations of the country into which the goods are being delivered.
digitalmediastore Safe Shopping Guarantee
We are so confident about the transaction security we offer on digitalmediastore.co.uk we back every purchase with a Safe Shopping Guarantee so you never have to worry about credit card safety.
- Our Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software secure-server software is the industry standard and among the best software available today for secure online commerce transactions. It encrypts all your personal information you enter on digitalmediastore.co.uk including credit or debit card number and name and address. The encryption process takes the characters you enter and converts them into bits of code that are then securely transmitted over the Internet.
- In the event of unauthorised use of your credit or debit card, most banks and card issuers either cover all the charges or may limit your liability to just £50. If your bank or card issuer holds you liable, digitalmediastore.co.uk will cover your liability up to £50 provided that the unauthorised use of your credit or debit card resulted through no fault of your own from purchases made at digitalmediastore.co.uk while using the secure server.
This is as follows:-
- You shall inspect the goods on delivery and shall within 2 working days of the delivery of goods in question notify digitalmediastore of any alleged defect, shortage in quantity or damage. Delivery shall be deemed to have taken place 5 days after despatch for UK orders, 14 days for European shipments and 20 days for other destinations. You shall afford digitalmediastore an opportunity to inspect the goods within a reasonable period of time following delivery and before use is made of them. If you fail to comply with these provisions the goods shall be conclusively presumed to be in accordance with the contract and free from any defect or damage which would be apparent on a reasonable inspection of the goods and you shall be deemed to have accepted them.
- If you do not receive goods ordered by you digitalmediastore shall have no liability to you unless you notify digitalmediastore via email (email@example.com) of the problem within 28 days of the date on which the goods were despatched to you.
- If you notify a problem to digitalmediastore under this condition, digitalmediastore's only obligation will be, at its option:- to make good any shortage or non-delivery; to replace or repair any goods that are damaged or defective; or to refund to you the amount paid by you for the goods in question to the original method of payment.
- digitalmediastore will not be liable to you for any indirect or consequential loss or damage arising out of any problem you notify to digitalmediastore under this condition and digitalmediastore shall have no liability to pay any money to you by way of compensation other than to refund to you the amount paid by you for the goods in question under paragraph (c) above.
- All dates shown on this website and used in email communication are based on working days unless otherwise stated.
- Nothing in this condition is, however, intended to limit any rights you might have as a consumer under applicable local law that may not be excluded nor in any way to exclude or limit digitalmediastore's liability to you for any death or personal injury resulting from its negligence.
Nothing in this contract creates any right which is enforceable by any person who is not a party to the contract.
digitalmediastore shall have no liability to you for any failure to deliver goods you have ordered or any delay in doing so or for any damage or defect to goods delivered that is caused by any event or circumstance beyond its reasonable control.
If any part of these conditions is unenforceable (including any provision in which digitalmediastore excludes its liability to you) the enforceability of any other part of these conditions will not be affected.
digitalmediastore operate a complaints handling procedure which is used to try to resolve disputes when they first arise. If you have a complaint, please contact the Customer Service department at the following address:
digitalmediastore Customer Service
c/o PO Box 461
The contract between us shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with Jersey law, and the Jersey courts shall have jurisdiction to resolve any disputes between us.
These terms and conditions, together with the current digitalmediastore Web site prices, delivery details and digitalmediastore contact details, set out the whole of our agreement relating to the supply of the goods to you by digitalmediastore. These terms and conditions cannot be varied except in writing signed by a director of digitalmediastore. In particular nothing said by any sales person on behalf of digitalmediastore should be understood as a variation of these terms and conditions or as an authorised representation about the nature or quality of any goods offered for sale by digitalmediastore. digitalmediastore shall have no liability for any such representation being untrue or misleading.
In these terms and conditions:-
' digitalmediastore ' means Bestbuy Holdings (Jersey) Limited, trading as digitalmediastore of First Floor, International House, 41 The Parade, St Helier, Jersey, JE2 3QQ any connected organisation that actually supplies goods ordered by you and any successor to its business;
'working day' means every day of a calendar year apart from weekends and statutory and public holidays;
'us' means digitalmediastore and you together; and
'you' and 'your' means the person ordering goods under these terms and conditions.
Last Updated: October 31st 2011 12.38 AM